Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm a single mom...

Well, Ben finally got to go on his snowmobiling trip this weekend! He is having a great time and isn't bored! I would think riding a snowmobile ALL day would get a little old, but he assured me he is having fun, so that is good! And the best part is... no injuries!! YAY! It was a last minute thing and probably not the most convenient time for him to go, since we are having people over for the Super Bowl... but it all worked out just fine! Matthew had been sick for most of the week, so he and I were together ALL week since he couldn't go to daycare. It was a bit challenging since he had to go to work with me, but luckily on Friday our sweet daycare provider, Val, said she would love to have him come even though it wasn't his scheduled day... bless her heart! He has a hard day and missed his mommy (can you blame him?). So, since Ben was gone and I was having major Mom guilt... we hit up the MOA!! It's a little tricky trying to stash the stroller while I had to ride the rides with him, but it worked out just fine. We had so much fun and he was so sweet. We were in the car on the ride home and he says "I love you Mommy, thank you for taking me to the Mall of America". SOOOO sweet, it melted my heart and he was sound asleep about 30 seconds later! I love spending time with him, when I can just BE with him, instead of trying to keep him busy while I have other stuff to do.... it is so hard and I feel like the worst mom ever... that was most of my week. So it was nice to end the week with that outing! Today I had a fun baby shower for a friend of mine, Kristen. She is due the day before Matthew's b-day, March 8! It was a great shower. I know Kristen from Bible Study, she is honestly one of the sweetest most sincere I have ever met! Almost all of the girls from our Bible study group were there... it was so good to see everyone and to celebrate Kristen and her bambino! Also, please note the new link I just put up! Kristen started a new online business! On her website, they sell all ORGANIC baby products! Super cute stuff... check it out! www.bumblebeeboutique.com I got home from that and made chicken chili for the Super Bowl party we are having... it took me over 2 and a half hours to make! UGH! It is really good so it is worth but I am exhausted. I should be in bed but instead, I got sucked into Facebook and now here I am blogging and RAMBLING! I have been terrible with my camera... I am out of habit, so I don't have any photos. I will get better and will take some of our gathering tomorrow and post them for you all to enjoy!!! I am going to make sure Matthew is covered up and tucked in and then I am going to go to bed and now I am officially done rambling.. sorry! Love to you all! Ben is home tomorrow!! YAY!

No comments: