Monday, November 17, 2008

Denver

It has been awhile since I have posted! I have been so incredibly busy! I don't think it will slow down until after the holidays! UGH! I had such a fun weekend! I went with Meredith (one of the BFFs) out to Denver to see one of our other BFFs, Amy! She recently had a new baby so we had to go visit! She has a 20 month Abby and a 4 week old, Sophia! They are SOOOO cute! I will add some photos tomorrow. It was so so so good to get some "girl time" in. I don't get that enough and it is amazing how much it "fills up my tank". I met these girls at Bethel (along with our friend Stacy, who completed the foursome), 12 years ago and we have been best friends ever since. Stacy wasn't with us this weekend and we missed her :( But , we were marveling at all that we have been through and how we truly know each other inside and out! We can pick up right where we left off. Of course we had lots of laughs and some tears were definitely shed. It is sad that we don't get to see more of each other. I am so blessed to have such close friend even if we have lots of miles between us. Thank God for cell phones and free long distance calls!!! :)

Being around a newborn has given me major baby fever!!!! I am so ready for #2!! Little Sophia was so sweet and LOVED to be held... I was more than happy to do that! :) I think I spent most of the weekend with her in my arms! there is nothing better than a new baby! And Abby is quite possibly the sweetest little girl! She has got the best personality and is so agreeable!! She is talking a ton. I even taught her a few words... "shut up"... sorry Amy! And to make up for it... "love you". It was so sweet! I miss the girls already, but was so ready to get home to my little monster. I think I missed him more than he missed me! He was pretty sad on Friday and we had some tears on the phone. But he was fine after that. He and Daddy spent the weekend with Grandma Jackie and Ashley and Jordan and their kids... so he had lot of fun people to keep him occupied! It had been awhile since I was away from him for that long. I thought I would love the break but I missed him a ton!! He is my little buddy! He had such a hard time going to daycare today. I felt so bad leaving him! Poor little guy!

My parents have been in Cabo for almost 2 weeks and they get back on Wednesday!! YAY! I miss them a ton and am so ready for them to get home! YAY! My mom and I are having a baby shower for my friend Ali so we will spend the rest of the week getting ready for that! I can't wait! It will be so fun!

Well enough of me rambling! Hope you all are doing well! I will add some photos tomorrow. I don't have my USB to upload my photos :(

No comments: