Friday, September 26, 2008

The Hockey Helmet!

The hockey helmet was going to be our bribery to get Matthew to use the potty. Well so much for that! Daddy is a push over and got him a helmet while I was out with my bible study girls. He is definitely the softy! :) But anyway... Matthew is ecstatic! He really thinks he is a real hockey player. We ordered some little Bauer hockey skates for him because the skates he got from Connor literally fell apart. So these skates maybe the new bribery tool for the potty!?! :) The morning after Ben got him the helmet, he woke up and his first words to me were, "Where's my hockey helmet Mom?" So this is him, fresh out of bed in his skates and helmet. So cute! He didn't want me to take his picture though! He just wanted me to play hockey with him! I was not blessed athletic ability but let me tell you, Matthew thinks I have it!! HA!
So this morning he wanted Ben to play with him, he is obviously much better at it! But he made him wear a helmet too!! This was Matthew's old helmet... a hard hat!
On a side note, last night we had the sheer pleasure of hitting up Chuck E. Cheese! It was a first for Matthew! I haven't been since my nephew Connor had his party there when he was about 4! That was 9 years ago. It was much nicer and cleaner than I remembered! We went with Ash and Jordan and the kids. Here they are on one of the rides!

No comments: